Hungerford Hill Winery
Arguably the top cellar door property in Australia, located at the gateway to the Hunter Valley, with the Hunter’s top rated restaurant as tenant.
A multi-award winning boutique brand with ell-established range of wines from $25 to $120 RRP and a highly profitable cellar door and wine club. Solid foundation to leverage growth with modest investment in marketing and working capital and an opportunity to capitalise on the owner’s vision.
- The first winery on Broke Road, the Hunter’s main tourist route
- Adjoins the regional private airport and visitor centre
- 22.6 hectare site (50% undeveloped), with master plan to expand winery, build 22 accommodation units and sound stage
- 5 Ha Vineyard planted in 2002
- Shiraz – 3 hectares
- Vermentino -1 hectare
- Gewurtztraminer – 0.7 hectare
- Chardonnay – 0.3 hectare
- Water Licence No WAL17685 for 22 Megalitres (ML)
- 20 ML secure water supply from the Hunter PID, together providing ample irrigation in drought years
- Australia’s most popular wine tourism destination, with over 1.4m visitors in 2014
- A two hour drive from Sydney
- Over 140 wineries, 3 large resorts with integrated golf courses, and hundreds of smaller hotels and lodgings
- 820m² partially underground
- Maintains a steady temperature year round with minimal refrigeration.
- Set up for small batch super-premium processing from 0.5 -5 tonnes of fruit.
- 200m² cool room allows barrel fermentation for up to 250 barrels
- Sliding doors of cool room allow the area to be used for general storage after vintage
- 300 tonne capacity, current utilisation 50%.
- Leased to up and coming chef, Troy Rhoades Brown, and his wife Megan since 2009
- Two Chef’s Hats from the Sydney Morning Herald Good Food Guide since 2014
- Seats up to 120 people (+ 40 in private dining room)
- A valuable asset for the Hungerford Hill business.